Submissions Open 11th December 2020
Early Bird deadline – 9 April 2021
Regular deadline – 31 May 2021
$45 (early bird deadline), $55 (final deadline)
$25 (early bird deadline), $35 (final deadline)
Films chosen by our judging panel for official selection will be screened within the festival season. Finalists will be showcased at the Gala screening and awards ceremony. All films selected will receive our ‘Official Selection’ laurel.
Below are the film time limits, which include titles and credits.
All School Films
(Maximum length 10 min)
All Student Films
(Maximum length 5 min)
Festival Gala Awards
Best Part-Time School Dance Film Award
(Awarded to the best dance film created by a part-time school)
Best Full-Time School Dance Film Award
(Awarded to the best dance film created by a full-time school)
Best Secondary School Dance Film Award
(Awarded to the best dance film created by a secondary school)
Best Student Dance Filmmaker Award – Aged 13 to 17
(Awarded to the best dance film conceived and choreographed by a part-time student/s aged 13 to 17)
Best Mobile Device Dance Film Award
(Awarded to the best dance filmed solely on a mobile device – eg iPhone, iPad, mobile phone…)
Best of the Fest Award
(Awarded to the best film of the 2021 season)
BWP Studios Best Film Production Award
(Awarded to the film with the best film production)
Peoples Choice Award
(Awarded to the most popular film selected by the audience)
* Full Time Dance and Filmmaking Students (18+) can submit at IDFFA
Award winners will also receive their trophy and the official “Award Winner” laurel to add to the title/credits of their film.
All selected films will become a part of our permanent archive.
1) Dance films of any style will be considered.
2) All school films have a time limit of 10 min or under, including title and credits.
3) All student films have a time limit of 5 min or under, including titles and credits.
4) You can use any software to edit video and audio.
5) Films must have a production date of January 1, 2017, or later.
6) Submissions accepted via FilmFreeway exclusively.
7) EXHIBITION FORMATS – If your film is selected as a finalist for our IDFFA Schools Festival Gala it must be submitted in 16:9 ratio and in a non-compressed format. We recommend an MP4 or .mov, files in the largest size possible, with a constant frame rate and Stereo 48kHz sound so it will look good on the big cinema screen.
8) All submissions must have secured permission/s for the music used in your film. Inspired Dance Schools Film Festival covers the license to present your film on screen.
(Please note: Although we will accept films that are publicly available online, in order to attract press coverage for your film, it is preferred that links remain PRIVATE until after the closing of the festival.)